General Library Rules and Regulations: The University Library is one of the vital units of the University. It is a service unit that supports teaching, study, learning and research. The library collects and houses information source materials for academic support. Library rules and regulations are thorough and to the point as regard any foreseen act or behavior that is likely to endanger information/knowledge source materials.
- All intending library users must register with the library services. All registered user shall be with library user card and borrowing cards for identification.
- The Staff of the University and Postgraduate Students may borrow up to 6(six) books at a time, for a period of up to 2 (two) weeks
- Undergraduate students may borrow 4 (books) at a time for period of up to 2 (two) week.
- Members of the community registered with the University Library shall be entitled to reading, studying and carrying out research in the Library, but shall not borrow library materials.
- User shall be obliged to treat library materials and equipment with at most care. Any library user caught vandalizing equipment (computers) shall be liable for disciplinary action.
- Silence shall be observed at all times while in the Library
- Discussions are not permitted within the Library
- Bags, caps, overcoats and heavy jackets are prohibited in the Library
- Personal textbooks and any other printed materials is presented at circulation desk when entering the Library
- Mobile phones and audio instruments is strictly prohibited in the Library premises unless earphones are strictly used to control noise
- Anybody caught receiving phone calls in the Library is fined UGX5,000 instantly.
- Drinks and food staffs are prohibited in the Library.
- Only borrowed books shall be allowed out of the Library.
- Users are prohibited from moving library furniture within and outside the Library.
- Sitting between the shelves is prohibited.
- Books removed from shelves should be left on tables after use. Users are not be allowed to re-shelve.
- Users of library books are strictly prohibited from making any markings/highlighting in the text.
- No reservation of seats is permitted in the Library
- Any emergencies noticed (e.g smoke, falling books) in the Library should be reported to library staff immediately.
- The Library member of staff on duty deserves the right to request any user to leave the premises if he/she is found to be violating any of the library rules.
Library Open Hours
(a) SEMESTER SESSION
Monday – Friday – 9.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.
Saturday – 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Sunday – 9.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m.
Public holidays Closed
(b) RECESS SESSION
Monday – Friday – 9.00 a.m.– 5.00 p.m.
Sunday and Saturday Closed
Public holidays Closed